Last Updated on August 22, 2020 by Darshan Modi
Franz Muellner is the worlds strongest man – he held the weight of a Helicopter (661 kilograms) on his shoulders to break a world record.
Franz was born in Austria in 1970.
About Franz Muellner
Franz Muellner currently lives in Salzburg, Austria. The day before he broke the world record for lifting the heaviest weight on his shoulder (661 kg’s), he broke his toe, but he is determined that nothing will stop him from achieving his goals. He follows a diet of “big” portions and eats a lot of protein to maintain his strength.
Franz Muellner prefers to train outdoors in the mountains and claims that the fresh mountain air helps him while he lifts big stones and trees. In 2009 he flipped a car eight times in just five minutes, setting a new world record.
On 07th August 2017, Franz held the weight of a 650 Kilogram helicopter on his shoulders – another world record. However because the weight dropped below 460kg’s a couple of time he did not qualify for a Guinness World Record. He has earned himself 13 Guinness World Records over the years.
Genetic Or Learned
Franz Muellner does a lot of training and follows a strict diet to ensure his body is kept in the condition needed to maintain his strength, so while his superhuman feat takes effort and training, there is a certain amount of the skill contributed by his genetics.
Guinness World Records
- 21 September 2006 – Supported a Helicopter for 1 minute on his shoulders.
- 03 December 2007 – Beijing China – The longest time restraining a truck – 8.4 seconds.
- 28 July 2008 – Mexico City – Heaviest weight supported on shoulders – 560 Kilograms
- 31 July 2008 – Mexico City – Longest time restraining a car – 13.84 seconds.
- 28 September 2008 – Vienna – Held onto a Bungy Jump with no harness.
- 22 July 2014 – Milan Italy – The longest time restraining four motorcycles – 24 seconds
- 30 July 2015 – Austria – Heaviest wooden barbells ever made – 601.7 kilograms
Names Known By
- The Austrian Superman.
- The Austrian Rock.
- Books: Surviving stunts and Other Amazing Feats – Patrick Catel (2012)