Jyoti Amge suffers from a genetic disorder which has stopped her growth at 63 centimetres. Despite her challenges she has achieved her dream of becoming a famous actress.
Jyoti Amge Amge was born on 16 December 1993 in Nagpur, India.
Jyoti Amge grew up in India and attended school like any ordinary child, although she needed special chairs and tables to accommodate her. Her parents, Kishanji and Ranjana Amge have four other children who are all of normal size.
About Jyoti Amge
Jyoti Amge is most famous for her role as “Ma Petite” in the TV Series American Horror Story. She suffers from a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia and is only 63 centimetres tall and weighs only 5 kilograms.
She will not grow any bigger. She needs special cutlery and utensils made for her because the standard size is too heavy for her to manage. She also needs all her clothes to be specially made.
She co-hosted the Guinness World Records 2013 awards ceremony with the worlds smallest man, Chandra Bahadur Dangi.
Apart from holding the Guinness World Record for being the smallest woman in the world she has also received the Russian International Horror Film Award in 2015, the LIMCA award in 2007 for being the shortest girl and a variety of awards from India including: Nirbhay Betti Suraksha Abhiyan Samiti awards in Nagpur, Award From Saisangam Sevabhavi Sanstha, Shirdi, ang Muslim Welfare Association, Arvi, Wardha.
In 2013; Nagpur Mahanagar Palika, Nagpur memento of Nagpur “Shatkottar Suvarn Mahotsav”, Nirbhay Betti Suraksha Abhiyan Samiti awards in Nagpur, Beti Bachao Abhiyan, Mumbai , Awarded from “Gaura Jan Utthan & Kalyan Sanstha, Bhopal”, Vidarbha viklangh sangharsh gauraw awards and Mahila Diwas awards in Bhopal,”Garv Nagpur Award” on Maharashtra Day .
Genetic Or Learned
Genetic – Jyoti Amge suffers from achondroplasia dwarfism.
Guinness World Records
- The Worlds Smallest woman: 2015
- The Worlds Smallest woman: 2014
- The Worlds Smallest woman: 2013
- The Worlds Smallest woman: 2012
- The Worlds Smallest woman: 2011
- The Worlds Smallest girl: 2011
- The Worlds Smallest girl: 2010
- The Worlds Smallest girl: 2009
Jyoti Amge Youtube Videos
TV Series Featured In
- American Horror Story 2014 – 2016
- Entertainment Tonight – 2014
- American Horror Story FreakShow: Extra-Ordinary-Artists – 2014
- Susana Giménez – 2013
- Bigg Boss – 2012
- Chelsea Lately – 2013
Documentaries Featured In
- Body Shock – 2009
- Documentary on Jyoti Amge”, Germany 2012-13
- Discovery Channel : “Documentary on Jyoti Amge” London – 2012.
- National Geographic Channel Documentary 2008.
- Documentary on Jyoti Amge” from “National Geographic Channel(Channel 4)” in India 2008.